At organic hr we have in-depth experience of helping many businesses with various types of business reorganisation including: Redundancy, Restructure, and Redeployment. (Click here for our article on Redundancy Handling: Top 10 tips)
All organisations go through change in order to respond to the demands, pressures and opportunities they encounter. In doing so, it is quite normal for there to be a need to adjust the way they deploy their people.
Types of reorganisation:
- There is a reduced need for a certain type of work - potentially resulting in Redundancies
- There are changes to how a certain type of work will be delivered - possibly requiring a Restructure
- Work, roles and employees are reorganised within different teams or management structures - a Redeployment
Mergers, de-mergers and acquisitions very frequently result in complex, far reaching reorganisations of work, roles and employees. The most well-known of these special reorganisation are probably TUPE transfers (Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006) including service provision changes.
How we help
In any business reorganisation, there are many factors to consider such as time, costs, infrastructure, 'survivor syndrome', resistance and even apathy. Two aspects, however, are absolutely fundamental to success:
- Making sure that the organisation efficiently retains the correct balance of roles and people to meet its needs
- Handling the process fairly, objectively and in compliance with employment law
We provide hands-on support with all aspects of the planning, and the sensitive implementation of the people side of business reorganisations including:
- Identification of critical posts to ensure a balanced organisation following the reorganisation
- Ensuring fair pooling, selection and exploration of alternatives as appropriate
- All associated communications including consultation meetings